Sixth regular session of the Board of Directors of APIM
Yesterday, Wednesday, August 2, 2023, the sixth regular session of the Board of Directors of the Investment Promotion Agency of Mauritania (APIM) was held, chaired by Mr. Moussa Fall, President of the Board.
During this session, the Director General, Ms. Aïssata Lam, presented APIM’s activity report for the second quarter of 2023, highlighting the following progress and achievements:
1. A budget adjustment in the Supplementary Budget Law (LFR) in the amount of 4,137,020 MRU was approved.
2. A partnership agreement was signed with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), aiming to establish a support program for APIM in favor of inclusive and sustainable growth in the country, including an “SDG Investor Map.”
3. A memorandum of understanding was concluded between APIM and the Islamic Corporation for the Insurance of Investment and Export Credit (ICIEC), covering a guarantee offer for project holders and the training of APIM personnel to support affiliated investors.
4. The Technical Committee responsible for revising the Investment Code was established with a clear execution schedule, foreseeing the presentation of a document to the Council of Ministers in December 2023.
5. The update of the Investment Policy Report of Mauritania was initiated by UNCTAD, marking a significant advancement, as the last report dates back to 2009.
6. 917 companies were registered at the One-Stop Shop for Businesses during this quarter.
7. Two certificates were issued, one for the Establishment Agreements and one for an SME, corresponding to a declared investment amount of 6.4 billion MRU with an expected 85 direct and 85 indirect jobs.
During this Board of Directors meeting, the administrators had the opportunity to make recommendations for the successful continuation of the Agency’s operations.